Saturday, March 23, 2013

Second Month





We have been a family of three for two full months now! It’s hard to remember what life was like without our little man. He is such a blessing and I am trying to soak up every minute before I have to go back to work. Here are a few milestones from Caleb’s second month:

 

  • Caleb is still my little porker, he weighs 13 lbs and 10 ounces. He went through a growth spurt during week 6 when he wanted to eat every 2 hours at night— I’m sure glad that’s over with.  
  • Caleb is now wearing size 2 diapers. He was only in size 1 diapers for 2 weeks. His 0-3 month clothes are too small now, so he is now wearing 3-6 month clothes.
  • Caleb started smiling at 4 weeks. He has really started to become more alert and responds well to really high pitch noises. He still smiles a lot when someone sings to him. He normally wakes up very happy too--- unlike his daddy ;).  ** I did catch daddy humming in the shower at 6:30 AM the other day. Caleb has made him much happier in the morning! **
  • Caleb cooes a lot when you talk to him. In fact sometimes when I lay him down for his nap, he lays and makes noises for about 15 minutes--- it’s the sweetest sound! If someone talks to him; he tries really hard to move his mouth like theirs. It cracks us up. Granny said this is a sign that he will probably be an early talker, I cannot wait
  • We thought Caleb was somewhat “colicky” during the early evening hours (6-9). He is very gassy at this time and does not rest well. Pumping Caleb’s legs helps Caleb release some gas. He farts like a grown man!!! A friend suggested that we try “Colic Calm gripe water” from Walgreens. That stuff is amazing. It helps ease his tummy at night and in return Caleb sleeps much harder 
  • Daddy is the poop master he can get Caleb to go poop by bicycling his legs and massaging his tummy. Now if we could just get daddy to change those diapers after all that hard work--- ha!
  •  I try really hard to put Caleb down for the night after his 9ish feeding. He normally sleeps from 4-6 hours then does two 3 hour intervals after that. Daylight savings time actually worked in mommy’s favor; he now sleeps past 6 AM J He normally wakes up between 7-8.
  •  Due to Caleb’s fussy time at night, we moved his bath time right before bedtime. This seems to relax Caleb and I love getting sweet cuddles after he is clean. J He loves to lie on our chest and is such a sweet cuddler! 
  •  Caleb still sleeps in his rock n sleeper at night. I tried to let him nap in his crib and let’s just say that will be a battle we will face later.
  • Caleb naps in his swing and sleeps much better if I swaddle his arms down. He has really discovered his fingers now and loves to nibble on them.
  • Caleb is doing much better with the pacifier but never wakes up with it in his mouth.
  • Caleb is a great traveler during the day- we typically leave the house each day for something small. He enjoys his car seat and loves his stroller- as long as I don’t stop moving. We still go visit daddy at the fire station for dinner- but sometimes this is hard if he is fussy.
  • Caleb went on his first trip to my mom and dad’s in Jacksonville this month. This was at the beginning of his growth spurt, so he was not in the best mood. We had a great time visiting with family and friends. Caleb made us pay for it by keeping us up most of the night. We will try another trip again at Easter.
  •  We took Caleb on his first hiking trip last weekend. He LOVED being outside and enjoyed riding in the infant backpack on daddy’s chest. We hope to do this again soon! 
  •  If I go somewhere, Caleb will more than likely be with me. I have such a hard time leaving him just to go get groceries. Therefore he goes with me now. Caleb even went with me to get a pedicure this month! He was such an angel and got lots of attention! I don’t know how I am going to leave him when I go back to work. I know he will be in the best hands possible, which is very comforting! 
  •  Caleb went with me to “girls’ night” too. We didn’t get to stay too long , but it  sure was good to see my girlfriends! 
  • Caleb also got to meet his girlfriend Abby Rose this month. My friend Autumn had her baby and we went to visit them in Conway. She is absolutely adorable and I cannot wait to watch Caleb and Abby grow up together. I see lots of summer swim dates coming up! 
  • Caleb nurses for about 20 minutes every 2-2.5 hours during the day. He just started reaching for my hair when he eats—melts my heart! He is like clockwork. He normally nurses, plays for about 40 minutes, and then lays down for a nap. He is normally pretty predictable during the day. He rats himself out when he is getting sleepy because he normally starts this really pathetic “whiny cry”.  I have noticed that Caleb is starting to stay awake more during the day, he doesn’t want to miss out on anything. Sometimes during the day he goes from feeding to feeding without napping. This normally happens once in the morning and once or twice in the afternoon. 
  • Caleb is getting better at lifting his head and normally has tummy time several times a day (when I pump). His neck is getting stronger and it is so cute to watch him try to lift up that heavy head! 
  • Caleb’s eye color seems to change depending on what he is wearing. His eyes are still pretty dark, but don’t really seem to be turning brown just yet. I think he might have daddy’s eye color now. His hair seems to be lightening up some. It seems to have an auburn tint in natural light. He still has his little rat tale--- ahh! He has become much “fluffier” this month. He now has rolls on his thighs and arms. He has a round Buddha belly too, I love it!

Now for the best part--- some pictures!! We have so much trouble capturing Caleb's smile with the camera. I guess it's hard for him to see us behind the big camera. As soon as we pull the camera out, he gets his serious look on his face. So here are some "serious" pictures! 

Caleb loves to kick his feet ALL THE TIME

This is the closest thing I can get to a smile on camera

Caleb was talking to me!

He was taking a break from lifting his head

He found those fingers again!







I am so excited to see what milestones Caleb has this next month. He is growing and changing daily. I just wish time would slow down! I have to go back to work mid-April and I know my heart will be missing my little sweet heart.

2 comments:

  1. He is just precious Megan! I know you are an awesome mom too. I hope to see you at the shower and will have your gift for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need another girl's night so I can snuggle with him again!

    ReplyDelete