Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Hiking We Will Go

Daniel has been super busy  with firefighter classes from 8-5 each day on top of his usual shifts. Caleb and I have been missing him like crazy. So when I saw the forecast for the weekend (high 70's and sunny), I asked him if he would take us hiking. He is a huge outdoors-men so he quickly agreed.

We have had a longer winter than usual. Due to the cold windy weather, I have not gotten Caleb out too much. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to take Caleb on an outdoor adventure. On Friday, me and Daveline took Caleb on a walk down our road. He was so content and seemed to enjoy the fresh air. I thought this was a good sign that he would enjoy the hike.

Any trip with a 7 week old requires planning and lots of packing. It was well worth all the work. Caleb absolutely LOVED being outside. He rode in an infant backpack on Daddy. This was our very first time to use the backpack, so we were not sure if he would like it.


After a few minutes of riding on daddy, he passed smoothed out. When I say passed out I mean--- limp arms, droopy neck, and drool! We laughed so hard because he was so content. I was so excited to see that he enjoyed riding in the backpack. I think it will be much easier to use (than my stroller) when I walk down our bumpy gravel road. 



I am looking forward to many more adventures outside with my two favorite boys!!! 




Just for fun, here are a few pictures of me and Daniel a year ago at the same place. So much has changed since then and I would not trade it for anything!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment