Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Best Baby Daddy

I feel the need to write a post and dedicate it to my amazing husband. He has been such a blessing to me and Caleb. 


Let me begin by saying that during my whole pregnancy Daniel was very supportive and encouraging. I was unsure of how he would respond with me getting a  big belly, but he was absolutely wonderful. As some of you know my first trimester was very brutal as I had to deal with "morning sickness" all day for the first 14 weeks. Daniel was extremely patient with me and would help where he could. As the rest of my pregnancy progressed, Daniel would help clean and do laundry. He even cooked for me a few times and when he was on shift at the fire station he would always call and invite me to EAT (not ask me to cook--- like pre pregnancy).


My daily foot rub in the final days of my pregnancy!
Since Caleb has been born, Daniel has quickly taken on his new responsibilites as a dad. Daniel has never been a huge "Baby lover", but his mom always told me that Daniel's dad was the same way and when his kids arrived he quickly transformed. I have to say; Daniel is following in his daddy's footsteps. He feel in love with Caleb immediately. It is very clear to any person that spends time with Daniel. Every morning and afternoon Caleb and Daddy do their "exercises", this is just too precious (I have got to get a picture of this). 


Before Caleb arrived, when we would spend time with our friends lots of time was spent talking about hunting and joking. The other night I thought it was so cute, Daniel kept telling our friends stories about Caleb and he even paused for a minute and said --- My goodness, I am turning into one of those people that only talks about their kids. I thought it was adorable! 


I have to say that I think sometimes bad days allow us to appreciate good days even more! Yesterday was definitely a ROUGH day at our house. It all began around 4 AM when Caleb was extremely fussy. We could not do anything to pacify him. Most days, Caleb is pretty easy to read; he fusses when a) his diaper is dirty or b) he is hungry. 

Well yesterday after I fed and changed Caleb's diaper, he would just scream. I felt like a horrible mom because I could not make him stop crying. This continued ALL DAY! Yesterday afternoon, Daniel told me he would watch Caleb so I could get out of the house for a bit to run some errands. I really needed a break, so I took him up on the offer. I was only gone for about 2.5 hours and I am pretty sure I called 3 times (ha). When I returned home, Caleb was fussy just like I had suspected. Daniel was a trooper  and he was trying everything to make him content. Those of you that know my husband, know how adimant he was that when we had children he would NOT change diapers. When I walked in from getting groceries guess what Daniel was doing??? Changing a poopy diaper :)

I quickly came in and took Caleb from him to see what the problem was. While I was tending to Caleb, Daniel put up all the groceries and cooked a delicious dinner. He even prepared my plate for me and brought it into the living room for me to eat. He took Caleb from me and said you need to eat, I will watch him. The night continued to get worse and after his 8:30 feeding, I decided to swaddle Caleb and put him to bed for the night. I thought he was just overly tired. I was WRONG again, he cried and cried. I was EXHAUSTED so my precious husband came in and took Caleb and put him on his chest and consoled him until he feel asleep.


With all this being said, I am so proud of my Baby Daddy! He is such a help and I could not imagine this journey without his help. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful partner that is so supportive and in love with his son! I hope that Caleb is just like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment