Sunday, July 21, 2013

Happy 5th!

So.....Daniel and I will not forget our 5th anniversary because it ended up being quite eventful. Not the fun romantic events one might think of when they hear "5th wedding anniversary". Let me explain. 

Thursday night, Daniel agreed to watch Caleb so I could go to girls night. I went and loved every minute of visiting with my precious co workers- I am truly blessed to work with the best ladies. I enjoyed the menu too- breakfast for dinner (my fav-- doesn't happen much at my house bc D thinks breakfast is just for the AM) anyways when I returned home all was well. The boys were having fun swinging outside and I was refreshed from a short break.

Daniel and I got in some alone time outside after Caleb feel asleep then off to bed we went. The next day was our 5th anniversary and even though Daniel had to work all day I had planned on taking him dinner and spending some time with him at the station. 

Well my plans soon changed when I woke up around midnight with the strangest pains. I had heartburn that reminded me of my third trimester and I'm pretty certain the neighbors could hear my stomach churning. Well, I laid in bed wondering what was about to happen.

A few minutes later I rushed to the bathroom and for the next 4 hours Straight I went every 10 minutes. It was the worst stomach bug ever!! Why sure I've had my share of "stomach bugs"but this one was killer. Needless to say, Daniel was up all night worrying about me. To top things off he didn't want me to get Caleb sick so he very nicely decided to feed him at his 5am feeding. Caleb's little world was thrown for a loop because he has never been fed from anyone but me at his early morning feed because I have always nursed him. Well he cried and even screamed "ma ma". Broke my heart!!

Anyways Daniel went back to sleep for a few minutes until it was time to get ready for work. Caleb woke up screaming-- but I was not supposed to help. I felt like the worst mom. Daniel threw Caleb's things together and took him to his moms on his way to work. I was soooo thankful she was able to take care of him because I was soooo weak. I laid in bed all day because I could not find the energy to get up. 

Side note this was also the week that I started cutting out breastfeeding!!! Bad timing?? 

Anyways around 4 I decided that I needed to get Caleb back and I just laid on the floor with him till bedtime! I had no energy whatsoever. Around the time I was putting Caleb to bed, I got a call from Daniel and he said he was coming home because he was sick as a dog. 

Well the next morning we were both weaklings due to the lack of nourishment. Therefore, Daniel's precious cousin arrived at 7 am to take little man to a germ free residence. 

Daniel and I had the day to ourselves and All we could do was muster up the strength to get off the couch to eat crackers and drink sprite. Marriage at its finest!!

On a lighter note: I weigh the same I did on our wedding day thanks to this awesome "diet". 
No really, I've learned there is no man I'd rather be with than Daniel Davis. He always keeps me laughing and even when I'm down and out he makes me feel better. Cheers to 5 blessed years!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment